Benefits of Reiki
What happens during a Reiki session?
During a Reiki session, you usually lie on a massage table or sit in a chair, fully clothed. The Reiki practitioner uses light touch or non- touch and gently places his or her hands on or hovering above your body in specific energy locations during the session. The length of time that the practitioner leaves his or her hands in each position is determined by the flow of energy through his or her hands to you at each location. There is no pressure, massage or manipulation.
Benefit of a Distance Healing Treatment
Sending Reiki Flow in a distant administering format is possible because energy is not confined and can transcend time and space so it is easily transmitted anywhere. Although, at first, this concept may be a little hard to grasp, there have been many occasions when the recipient felt as if I was right next to them doing the session in person. Others feel sensations such as warmth or coolness, see colors, feel light or heavy, or simply fall asleep – whatever you experience during the treatment is perfect.
Distant healing offers the exact same benefits of an in person treatment. Yet, it means you have access to the benefits of a healing session whether you:
- are in a different country or don’t live nearby
- are close but without transport,
- are housebound through illness etc,
- are working long and unsocial hours,
- looking for support while you are under going surgery / treatment,
- are looking for support around something that has unexpectedly happened
- you feel that you need healing and cannot wait for my next free appointment
It can be requested for any of the same reasons for which you might come to me for an ‘in-person’ treatment. It can be requested for adults, children and babies. It is also reported to have been of significant help in coping with highly stressful situations such as surgery, exams, court cases etc, as well as reducing the side-effects of invasive treatments and accelerating recovery from serious illness or surgery.
Does Reiki replace traditional medical or therapeutic treatments?
Reiki complements all other types of medical and therapeutic treatments. Reiki is not a substitute for consultation with a physician, a practitioner of natural therapeutics or a psychotherapist. Reiki increases the efficacy of all these other types of healing.
What are the benefits of receiving Reiki?
A Reiki treatment adapts to the needs of the recipient and may:
- Initiate the feeling of security, peace and wellness
- Bring a peaceful, deep relaxation
- Dissolve energy blockages and tension,thereby reducing stress
- Support the well-being of the client who is receiving medical treatments
- Stimulate the body’s immune system
- Help to relieve pain
- Stimulate tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery
- Help meditative states
- Promote natural self-healing
- Reiki complements all types of medical and therapeutic treatments and increases the efficacy of these treatments
- Reiki is not a substitute for a consultation with a physician, practitioner of natural therapeutics or psychotherapist
- Common issues addressed with Reiki include anxiety, pain, spiritual distress and nausea